One of our favorite guilty pleasure foods is Chinese take-out. I know that it is a far cry from authentic Chinese food, but it is just so delicious! General Tso’s Chicken is the dish that I order more often than any other because the sweet, salty and spicy flavor combination is just so perfect. I decided to take those amazing flavors, and create a creamy General Tso’s Chicken dip that is easy to make and great for sharing with friends!
Here are some tips for making my General Tso’s Chicken Dip:
- Use a rotisserie chicken! Doing this really simplifies things, and the mixture of white and dark meat chicken that has been cooked with both the skin and bones intact is really a lot more flavorful than boneless skinless chicken. If you would rather use chicken breasts that you have boiled and shredded yourself, that will be okay as well.
- Modify the amount of jalapeño, red pepper and sriracha you use to match your taste. We really enjoy spicy foods, so I have a pretty heavy hand when it comes to these ingredients. Go ahead and reduce the amount used as much as you need to.
- This dip is delicious when served with sesame crackers, fried won tons, carrots, celery or really any other chips or crackers you would like to use.
This is what you will need to make this dip:
- Cream cheese
- Rice vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Chicken broth
- Brown sugar
- Red pepper
- Corn starch
- Green onion
- Sesame seeds
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
General Tso’s Chicken Dip
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp sriracha more or less to taste
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup mayonaise
- 1-2 jalapeños minced
- 3 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- Sesame seeds and green onion for topping
For the sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a small sauce pan. Place on the stove over medium high heat. Whisk continuously until the sauce comes to a boil and begins to thicken. Set aside.
For the dip
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a small baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo and jalapenos. Spread this mixture out in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add the shredded chicken to the sauce and mix to combine. Pour this mixture over the cream cheese mixture. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Top with the sesame seeds and green onion and serve with sesame crackers.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Sweet Chili Chicken and Noodles Stir Fry, Slow Cooker Korean Beef, Vietnamese Beef Bowls or my Turkey Lettuce Wraps.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
This post may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission from these links. Thank you for your support!