As much as I love to cook (and I really do!) I really have a problem taking the time to prepare myself a decent lunch most days. Honestly I often fail to even eat a decent meal until dinnertime. Don’t get me wrong, I always manage to eat during the day. Too often though, I find myself grabbing something quick (like a bunch of cookies from a recipe I was testing – don’t judge me!) to hold me over. Recipes like this Easy Avocado Chicken Salad are perfect for me, because I can make it one day, and have a healthy lunch all ready to go for a couple more days. It is loaded with chicken, bacon, avocado, tomatoes, red onion and a simple light dressing and it is delicious!
Here are some tips for making my Easy Avocado Chicken Salad:
- Use whatever kind of chicken you prefer. For chicken salads, I like to grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. For one thing, it really simplifies the process, but I also like to use rotisserie chicken because I like to use both white and dark meat. I feel like this adds some flavor and juiciness to the chicken salad.
- There are so many things you could add to this chicken salad to really make it your own. Corn, black beans, lime juice, jalapeño, the list goes on and on… Get creative with it, and let me know what you do!
- This chicken salad is great the next day. The lemon juice will help to prevent your avocado from browning, but you can also prevent this by placing plastic wrap directly on top of the chicken salad and gently pressing it down to keep as much air out as possible.
- This chicken salad is great all on its own, or in a sandwich, wrap or on a bed of lettuce.
These are some products that I recommend for making this recipe:
Baking stone (for bacon)
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken I used a rotisserie chicken
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- 5 slices bacon chopped
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 15 salad tomatoes halved
- 2 lemons juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Place the chicken, avocado, bacon, red onion and tomatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle the lemon juice and oilve oil all over the ingredients and top with the salt and pepper. Gently toss together and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Shrimp Summer Salad, Guacamole Stuffed Chicken or my Easy Spicy Guacamole.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
1 thought on “Easy Avocado Chicken Salad – Healthy, Low Carb & Keto”
Great info ,good thanks.