Since moving to St. Louis the first time about 9 years ago, I have been a HUGE fan of Gooey Butter Cake. This stuff is everywhere around here, and it is easy to see why – it is amazing! You can make or buy just about any flavor you can imagine of this gooey creation, and lemon is probably one of my favorites. Lemon desserts are always a win in my book, so I decided to share this crowd pleaser with you! Try out my Lemon Gooey Butter Cake today!
Here are some tips for making my Recipe for Lemon Gooey Butter Cake:
- This cake can really be made with any flavor cake mix you would like. Try out chocolate, traditional yellow, red velvet or really whatever you want!
- Although this is called Gooey Butter “Cake”, it is actually a bar recipe. Cut these into squares for the perfect party serving.
These are the ingredients you will need for this recipe for Ooey Gooey Butter Cake:
- Lemon cake mix
- Lemon extract
- Cream cheese
- Confectioners (powdered) sugar
These are some products that I recommend for this Saint Louis Ooey Gooey Butter Cake:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe for Ooey Gooey Butter Cake! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Lemon Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 18.25oz box lemon cake mix
- 2 tsp lemon extract divided
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 4 eggs divided
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 teaspoon lemon extract, melted butter and 2 eggs. Press this mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Using your mixer, beat together the softened cream cheese, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of lemon extract. Slowly add in the confectioners sugar with the mixer speed on low. Once the sugar is mixed in, pour this mixture over the crust in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the edges just start to brown. The center should still be "gooey". Allow to cool and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Recipe for Gooey Butter Cake – A St. Louis Tradition!, Funfetti Gooey Butter Cake – Colorful and delicious! Butter Pecan Poke Cake, Easy Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars or my Air Fryer Cheesecake Chimichangas.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!