Pasta is the ultimate comfort food to me. I could eat it all day everyday. Obviously I shouldn’t do that, but I sure could. I love quick and easy pasta recipes because most people love them, and they can feed a crowd without a ton of work. This Oven Baked Mozzarella Topped Tortellini recipe has a homemade tomato sauce to make things a little healthier, and it requires only a mixing bowl, spatula, baking dish and just 5 minutes of prep time. This would be great with a fresh salad and some warm bread!
Here are some tips for making my Oven Baked Mozzarella Topped Tortellini:
- I like to buy the refrigerated packages of fresh cheese stuffed tortellini. If you would rather use, or can only find the dried or frozen versions, that will be fine as well.
- Fresh mozzarella is considerably better than the pre-shredded version to me, but you can use that as well if that is all you have on hand. For once, the cheese really isn’t the star of the show in this dish!
- This is a great dish to serve to a crowd! If you have an extra large baking dish, feel free to double this recipe!
These are the ingredients you will need for this easy pasta recipe:
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Diced tomatoes
- Crushed tomatoes
- Crushed red pepper
- Fresh Mozzarella
I recommend the following products for this tortellini dish:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Oven Baked Mozzarella Topped Tortellini
- 20 oz refrigerated tortellini
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper optional – more or less to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400° and grease a large baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients EXCEPT the mozzarella. Pour into the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and place the sliced mozzarella on top of the pasta. Leave the foil OFF and return the pasta to the oven. Bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!