This dish has: Chicken, Bacon, Honey Mustard, Onion, and LOT OF CHEESE. You can make it in less than 30 minutes AND it is made in only one pan. What more do you need to know?! This Cheesy Honey Mustard & Bacon Chicken will remind you of Alice Springs chicken from Outback (add in some mushrooms if that’s your thing!), but it is even easier to make. This is one of those things that you can throw together pretty quickly and everyone will love it. Serve this with almost any side and you will have yourself a fast and scrumptious dinner!
Here are some tips for making my Cheesy Honey Mustard & Bacon Chicken:
- I like to use lean boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, because the bacon, cheese and mayonnaise provide more than enough fat. If you prefer a different cut of chicken, that is fine. Do what works for you!
- If you really love honey mustard (we do!), double it up! Just whisk together 1 cup dijon, 1 cup honey and 1/2 cup mayo. You will want put half of it to the side BEFORE placing the raw chicken in the other half. You can drizzle the extra over your finished product.
- Do not rush things by throwing the chicken in the skillet at the same time as the bacon. You want to start cooking the bacon a little before the chicken for 2 reasons. #1 – the bacon will provide a little grease for the pan that will prevent your chicken from sticking. #2 – this extra couple minutes will help to ensure that your bacon is nice and crispy without having to over cook the chicken.
These are the ingredients you will need for this easy recipe:
- Dijon Mustard
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
I recommend the following products for this dish:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Cheesy Honey Mustard & Bacon Chicken
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup mayonaise
- 1½ lb chicken diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6 strips bacon diced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cups monterey jack shredded
- 1 cup cheddar shredded
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk together the dijon, honey and mayo. Add the diced chicken to this mixture and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken with the honey mustard and onion to the skillet and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken mixture and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu, French Onion Chicken Skillet or my Cheesy Chicken & Bacon Bake.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission from these links. Thank you so much for your support!