Making homemade dressings is really such a simple thing to do, but a lot of us (myself included) don’t bother to do it a lot of the time. Many store bought versions are packed with extra and unnecessary calories, preservatives and sugar. This Avocado Lime Dressing only takes a couple minutes to make and it tastes better than anything you will find in the grocery store. This dressing is packed with healthy ingredients. It is low calorie and low carb with only 1 net carb. It is creamy and delicious, and you can probably fool your kids into eating something healthy without them even knowing it! You can pour this all over your favorite salad, dip any meat in it, use it as a marinade, put it on your tacos and so much more!
Tips for making my Avocado Lime Dressing:
- Double the recipe! Trust me – you are going to love it, and it keeps for a few days in the fridge. Double this up and add it to any of your favorite meats, tacos or salads. You can even use it as a marinade!
- Be sure that your avocados are ripe. If you try to use avocados that aren’t quite ripe, they may not become smooth.
- Use a little more or less water if you want your dressing to be thinner or thicker. That is completely personal preference.
- Spice it up by adding in some jalapeño! If you really like it spicy, just chop the stem off and leave the seeds and membrane intact.
This dressing would be great with:
Cilantro Lime Marinated Flank Steak
Products I recommend for Avocado Lime Dressing:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1 medium avocado peeled and pit removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 limes juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cold water
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.