I really love cooking and baking and I take pride in making things from scratch. It really makes me feel good to know exactly what is going into the food that I am making for my family (even if it is something loaded with sugar). You want to know what I hate? Absolutely anything that happens before about 9am. I am the complete opposite of a morning person, but for some reason my family keeps on waking up at a normal time and expecting breakfast. Because I have this profound hatred for the morning, I am always looking for ways to simplify my breakfast recipes. Enter these sausage and cheese cornbread muffins. I made these just a little easier by using a box of corn muffin mix, and I am so thankful for that when I am making a half-asleep Sunday morning breakfast.The best thing about these muffins is that they can be personalized and modified in so many ways. Want to add a little kick? Add some jalapeños. Want to load them with veggies? Chop ’em up and throw ’em in! Want to swap the sausage out for bacon? Do it! Want to slip Benadryl in to knock your kids out so you can go back to sleep? Kidding!
Please remember to let these cool for at least 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin tins. If you don’t, they will fall apart on their way out. They will still taste great, but will be hideous to look at.
I like to top mine with sour cream and pico de Gallo. Salsa, guacamole or green onion would be delicious as well! Please let me know how these turn out for you, and enjoy!
These are the ingredients that you will need to make these Sausage and Cheese Cornbread Muffins:
- Breakfast sausage
- Corn muffin mix
- Can cream style corn
- Cayene pepper
- Cheddar cheese
I recommend the following products for this easy to make breakfast recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thanks and enjoy!
Sausage and Cheese Cornbread Muffins
- 1 lb ground sausage cooked and crumbled
- 8.5 oz box corn muffin mix
- 14.75 oz can cream style corn
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayene powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350º and grease 16 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Cook the sausage over medium heat until browned and crumbled. Remove the sausage from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the muffin mix, cream corn, milk, egg, cumin, Cayene and cheese. Add in the sausage and mix well.
- Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 full with the mix and bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tins. Top with sour cream, salsa, pico de Gallo or guacamole and enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!