Somehow, I have convinced myself that calories don’t count around the holidays. I know, this isn’t the healthiest mindset, but one of my favorite parts of this season is baking and enjoying both the process and the finished product with my loved ones. My kids love to help out in the kitchen, and while sometimes that can cause a little additional stress, when I bake things like these cookies, there are smiles all around! These Cake Mix White Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies are quick, easy, delicious and beautiful. You could really customize them for any holiday by changing up the colors, or just leave them white and they will be just as delicious!
Here are some tips for making my Cake Mix White Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies:
- This recipe can really translate to any cake mix. I use white cake mix usually because I feel like it is a great canvas to work with. You could really use ANY mix though. The only one I would steer clear of for this is angel food cake.
- The white chocolate chips in this recipe can also be swapped out for any of your other favorite cookie add-ins. You could use chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts, peanut butter chips… Really the list is endless!
- The cookie dough may be sticky when you first try to roll it into balls. Don’t worry! Once you roll it in the powdered sugar, it will not be sticky.
- Don’t forget to press your dough balls down just a little. This will help to ensure that they take on more of a cookie shape and less of a scone shape.
- This tip goes for any cookie recipe – DO NOT overbake the cookies. There really isn’t much worse than a hard, dry overbaked cookie. You want to bake these just until they are set.
You will need these ingredients to make these easy Christmas Cookies:
- White cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- White chocolate chips
- Food coloring
- Powdered sugar
I recommend the following products for these delicious cake mix cookies:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Cake Mix White Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
- 15.25 oz white cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- red and/or green food coloring optional
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325° and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Mix together the cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs just until combined.
- If you would like to create red AND green cookies, split the dough in half and mix food coloring into each half as necessary to achieve your desired color.
- Fold the white chocolate chips into the dough. Roll the dough into 12 equal sized balls and roll each ball in the powdered sugar util well coated. Place on the prepared baking sheet and press each dough ball down slightly. Bake in the preheat oven for approximately 12 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!