My food choices have been a lot less than ideal lately, and it’s now time to turn that around! I have been enjoying A LOT of sweets and other baked goods, and now my body is screaming for a reset. I decided to whip up some of this Spicy Black Bean Hummus because it is light, low carb, FULL of flavor and spice and it is so delicious with a lot of different things. I like to top burgers with this, dip fresh vegetables in it or load it up on some pita chips. This bean dip takes only a few minutes to make, so try it out today!
Here are some tips for making my Spicy Black Bean Hummus:
- Use as many jalapeños as you would like to achieve your desired heat level. We like things really spicy, so I typically use three jalapeños. I also leave the seeds and membrane in my jalapeños for an extra kick of heat. Feel free to leave these out if you would like it even milder.
- Go ahead and double or even triple this recipe if you are planning to serve a crowd. This will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week, so don’t worry about making too much!
- I recommend a food processor for this recipe, but I have also made this hummus along with many other things in my blender. Whatever you have on hand should work.
These are the ingredients that you will need for this easy, spicy dip:
- Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Olive oil
- Black beans
I recommend the following products for this black bean spread:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Spicy Black Bean Hummus
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 jalapenos depending on desired heat level
- Put all of the ingredients in your food processor. Remove the seeds and membrane from the jalapenos if you would like a milder hummus. Puree until smooth. Serve with additional cilantro, lime and jalapeno if desired.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support.