My absolute favorite childhood food was a classic PB&J, and I can definitely be found enjoying them from time to time even now! This PB&J Smoothie Bowl has all of the great flavors of the sandwich, but in a healthier version. This smoothie bowl is thicker than a traditional smoothie, and I feel like enjoying it out of a bowl with a spoon makes it even more satisfying. You can top these smoothie bowls with any of your favorite toppings. I like to add even more fresh fruit, an extra drizzle of peanut butter and chia seeds. This is a super quick and easy recipe that is also incredibly good for you. You can even trick your kids into thinking it is ice cream!
Here are some tips for making my PB&J Smoothie Bowl:
- It is great to keep frozen bananas on hand for quick, easy and healthy recipes like this one. I like to peel any bananas that are about to be too ripe, throw them in a freezer bag and stock up the freezer. Frozen bananas make smoothies and smoothie bowls extra creamy!
- Throw in any of your other favorite fruits and also change it up by using your favorite type of milk and/or nut butter. Smoothie bowls, like smoothies, are completely customizable. Go ahead and use whatever fruit or even veggies that you want and make your own version of this!
These are the ingredients that you will need for this easy healthy recipe:
- Frozen banana
- Frozen strawberries
- Almond milk
- Peanut butter
- Toppings of your choice (fresh fruit, more nut butter, chia seeds, etc…)
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
PB&J Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 6 tbsp almond milk or other milk of choice plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- toppings of your choice
- Place the banana and strawberries in the blender and blend for about a minute. Add in the almond milk and peanut butter and blend until smooth. Add in more almond milk if needed. Pour in a bowl and top with your desired toppings.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!