I am so excited that it is really starting to feel like spring. This past winter felt like it went on and on and on… With the weather warming up, I am really starting to crave more and more salads. This Southwest Chicken Salad with Corn and Black Bean Salsa is a great salad that is very easy to make, has tons of flavor and comes with the added bonus of extra black bean and corn salsa to snack on later!
I have separated this post into two separate recipes. The salsa recipe makes much more than you will need for four salads. Feel free to snack on the rest with some tortilla chips, use it to make salads again tomorrow or even top a nice grilled and seasoned flank steak with it. It’s a very delicious and very versatile salsa.
For this particular recipe, I used a spicy chipotle seasoning and a chipotle ranch dressing. If you have a different southwest seasoning that you would like to use on your chicken, that’s fine! Feel free to mix it up with the dressing as well. I do think that a creamy ranch dressing will work best with the flavors of this southwest grilled chicken salad, but go crazy and let me know what you come up with.
Here are the ingredients that you will need for this Grilled Chicken Salad:
- Diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Black beans
- Red onion
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Spicy chipotle seasoning
- Chicken breasts
- Hearts of romaine
- Tortilla strips
- Cheddar cheese
- Chipotle Ranch dressing
I recommend the following products for this Southwestern Chicken Salad Recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this Southwestern Chicken Salad. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
How to make Grilled Chicken Salad with Corn and Black Bean Salsa:
Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies – drained I like the hot version
- 1 can black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 can sweet kernel corn – drained
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Drain and rinse beans, drain tomatoes and drain corn. Chop onion.
- In a large bowl, combine: beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, juice from one lime, salt, garlic powder and cumin. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Use as a dip with tortilla chips, on top of a salad or as a side with chicken or beef.
Southwest Chicken Salad with Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 4 servings black bean and corn salsa see recipe above
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp spicy chipotle seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 4 hearts of romaine chopped and washed
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 tbsp chipotle ranch dressing
- Make salsa according to recipe instructions above.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Season chicken with chipotle seasoning and cook in pan until cooked through. Slice into strips.
- On four separate plates, split the lettuce evenly. Top the lettuce with equal portions of chicken, avocado, tortilla strips, cheese and dressing. Enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!
If you like the Chick Fil A Spicy Southwest salad or the McDonalds Southwest Salad, you are sure to love this one! Let me know what you think of it below!