There is really something special about warm chocolate chip cookies. I don’t know if there is nostalgia tied to them from childhood or something, but they just always seem to hit the spot. Now imagine one giant cookie made in a cast iron skillet. The prepping and baking happen in the same vessel, so the clean-up is kept to a minimum. Try this Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie today!
To fully enjoy this dessert, you really have to eat it while warm. Adding a generous serving of vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce is definitely recommended! You can really get as wild as you want with this. There are so many options for toppings: sprinkles, whipped cream, nuts, cherries, the possibilities are endless! Hey, you could even turn this into the best birthday cake ever!
I don’t mind sharing, so I say just get a bunch of spoons and dig in with your friends and family. If you are a little more concerned about germs than my family, you could always just slice and serve. Either way, enjoy!
These are the ingredients that you will need for this Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie:
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Baking soda
- Chocolate Chips
This skillet is perfect for making my Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie.
I would love to hear what you think of Cast Iron Skillet Cookie Recipe. Please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to select a star rating.
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet, combine melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Add dry ingredients to skillet with the wet ingredients and mix well. (Mixture will be crumbly – that’s okay!)
- Add chocolate chips and mix in.
- Press cookie dough into the bottom of the skillet. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 18 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie begin to brown. Top with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce or any of your other favorite toppings and enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you some back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!