Fresh vegetables straight out of your (or someone else’s) garden are one of the best things about summer eating. Yellow squash, zucchini and tomatoes are three of the most common vegetables picked out of gardens this time of year, so I used those to create this easy pasta dish that has very little cleanup. My One Pan Chicken Sausage and Summer Vegetable Pasta cooks entirely in one skillet, so you can get back to your summer fun as quick as possible!
Products I recommend for my One Pan Chicken Sausage and Summer Vegetable Pasta
One Pan Chicken Sausage and Summer Vegetable Pasta
- Extra large skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz Italian chicken sausages sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ lbs fresh tomatoes (about 2 large) chopped
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 medium yellow squash diced
- 12 oz thin spaghetti broken in half
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- Heat the skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Add the oil and sliced sausage and sautee for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, tomatoes, zucchini and squash and continue to sautee for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are nearly done.
- Add the thin spaghetti, salt, pepper, chicken broth and Italian seasoning and stir together slightly. Allow to come to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes, stirring often, or until the noodles are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the parmesan and toss until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.