Ground turkey is a great healthy alternative to ground beef, but it can sometimes turn out dry and a little lackluster. Good news – I have a secret trick to prevent that from happening in turkey burgers! My trick? I stick a cube of butter right in the center of the burger! The butter melts while the burger is cooking and it turns out so juicy and delicious! for these Juicy Turkey Burgers, I also made my easy jalapeño mayo to slather on top of the melted pepper jack cheese to give you just the right amount of heat.
Here are some tips for making my Juicy Turkey Burgers with Jalapeno Mayo:
- Get the lean ground turkey. I know, it seems kind of pointless to buy lean turkey and then stick a hunk of butter in it, but if you get the fattier turkey, it is going to shrink a lot when you cook it. If you get the lean turkey and then add butter, you will have bigger and thicker burgers.
- If you would prefer to use a different type of cheese, go for it! I love the way the pepper jack cheese and the jalapeño mayo go together, but any other cheese (or even none at all) would be just as delicious.
- I know I am a weirdo, but I really don’t like vegetables on my burgers. I am a veggie lover for sure, but I just like meat, cheese and sauces on my burgers. If you do like lettuce and tomato (or whatever!) on your burgers, go ahead and add it!
- If you are following a Keto or low carb lifestyle, leave the bun off of this and you will have the perfect meal!
These are the ingredients that you will need for these flavorful healthy burgers:
- Pickeled jalapeños and their juice
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- Ground turkey
- Heavy cream
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion powder
- Burger buns
- Pepperjack cheese
I recommend the following products for this turkey burger recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Juicy Turkey Burgers with Jalapeno Mayo
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp pickeled jalapenos minced
- 1½ tbsp juice from pickeled jalapenos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp worchestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp cold butter cut into 4 equal sized cubes
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- Make the jalapeno mayo by whisking together all of the ingredients until well combined. Refrigerate while making the burgers.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, salt, pepper, heavy cream, worchestershire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder. Separate the mixture into 4 equal sized balls and then form a patty out of each ball.
- Press a cube of butter into the center of each patty. Put the patties in the hot skillet and allow to cook until the butter begins to melt (about 5 minutes). Flip the burgers and allow to cook for approximately 5 minutes longer, or until they are cooked through.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese and allow it to melt. Place each burger on a bun and top with the jalapeno mayo.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!