We recently went on a cruise, and ate (and drank) the whole time we were gone. I had an amazing time, but I came home feeling so bloated and really just gross. I am a meat eater through and through, but sometimes it is nice to give your body a little break and have a meatless day here and there. This Healthy Loaded Vegetable Soup is great for that. It is absolutely delicious, loaded with super nutritious ingredients and it only comes in at 163 calories a serving. If you aren’t watching what you eat, it would be great with a melty grilled cheese on the side!
Here are some tips for making my Healthy Loaded Vegetable Soup:
- Fresh, frozen or canned, whatever kind of vegetables you have on hand will be fine in this soup. Obviously, fresh is usually best, but the great thing about soups is that they are so versatile, so use what you have!
- Don’t skimp on the salt! I know, I know, everyone is always yelling about sodium, but some salt is actually a necessity. Use the recommended amount of salt in my recipe, and then season to taste when the soup is done.
- Go ahead and add in any other vegetables that you want! Pretty much any veggies will be delicious in this soup. You could also add in some beef or chicken, and if you really want to get crazy, you could add in the some pasta!
These are some other recipes that I think would go great with this one:
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Healthy Loaded Vegetable Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5 medium carrots chopped
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch crushed red pepper optional
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes NOT drained
- 2 russett potatoes diced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1½ cup corn
- 1½ cup peas
- 1½ cup green beans
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the oil, diced onion, chopped carrot and diced celery. Sautee until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper and sautee until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the broth, tomatoes, potatoes, salt, pepper, corn, peas and green beans and allow the soup to come to a slight boil. After it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, add the bay leaf, cover and allow to simmer for approximately 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan