My kids absolutely love Oreos. We almost always have a pack of them in the pantry, because I can use them to bribe my kids to do almost anything. I got a new pack a couple days ago, and put them on the top shelf of the pantry like I usually do. My two year old managed to climb up the shelves like a little spider monkey and get the Oreos. She then broke EVERY. SINGLE. COOKIE. Having all of those broken cookies really bothered me (because I’m annoying like that), so I decided to make something using them.
Tip: Make these after your kids are in bed so you don’t have to share (just kidding)!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 15 Oreos coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325º and grease a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Cream together the melted butter and sugars. Add in the peanut butter, eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the salt, baking soda and oats and mix until well combined. Add the M&Ms, chocolate chips and Oreos and fold in. Spread the dough evenly in the baking dish and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the edges have begun to brown.
- Allow the bars to cool before slicing and serving.