Pasta salad is one of those classic side dishes that you can find at almost any summer cook-out or get together. The traditional version is great, but I always like to do things just a little different and come up with a new version. This Creamy Southwest Pasta Salad is loaded with corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onion and a chipotle ranch. It is super quick and easy to make, loaded with flavor and is sure to be a hit with all of your friends and family! Making this is as simple as tossing the cooked pasta with the rest of the ingredients, letting it chill and then serving. It is the perfect recipe for hot summer days when you want to get in and out of the kitchen as quickly as possible.
Tips for making Creamy Southwest Pasta Salad:
- Feel free to use any bite-sized pasta that you like. Macaroni, penne, bowtie pasta or any other will work just fine.
- Do not overcook the noodles! I like to leave mine al dente for pasta salad. Either way, you just do not want them to be mushy.
- The chipotle ranch I use only has a hint of spice. Feel free to chop up some jalapeño and add it in if you want it even hotter.
- This pasta salad is best when served cold. Be sure to chill it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
This recipe would go great with:
Products I recommend for Creamy Southwest Pasta Salad:
I would love to hear what you think of this! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Creamy Southwest Pasta Salad
- 16 oz rotini noodles
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups corn
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 pt salad tomatoes halved
- 1½ cups chipotle ranch
- Cook the pasta acording to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the black beans, corn, onion, tomatoes and ranch. Toss together and chill for at least an hour before serving.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Southwest Chicken Salad, Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken, Spicy Zucchini, Corn and Tomato Salad or my Street Corn off the Cob.
2 thoughts on “Creamy Southwest Pasta Salad – Quick and Easy”