Yesterday was one of those days that I just could not decide what I wanted for dinner. I knew that I wanted something that was somewhat low-carb and light, but I had no idea what it was. There were some chicken breasts in the fridge that I needed to use, and so I started thinking. I absolutely love cooking in my cast iron skillet (if you don’t have one, you NEED one!), and I had some fresh mozzarella that I grabbed at the store as a complete impulse buy, so I decided to base a recipe on those three things, and this Pizza Chicken Skillet was born!
I called this a pizza chicken skillet because it has the toppings that I love on my pizza: peppers, onions, cheese and pepperoni. You can make this recipe your own by adding whatever you love on your pizza. Almost any vegetables or meats would be great when added to this. Pair this chicken with a side salad for a delicious, light and healthy meal!
These are the ingredients that you will need for this Pizza Chicken Skillet:
- Olive oil
- Bell pepper
- Diced tomatoes
- Crushed tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Black pepper
- Fresh mozzarella
I recommend these products for this low carb recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Pizza Chicken Skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes NOT drained
- 15 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast thin sliced
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- 16 pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Place a large cast-iron or other oven safe skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onions and peppers and sauté until the onions are beginning to become translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes longer.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir together. When the mixture begins to bubble, lay the chicken breasts on top. Place the slices of mozzarella on top of the chicken and put the pepperoni slices on top of the mozzarella.
- Place the skillet, uncovered, in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!