Soup season is well underway, and I for one couldn’t be happier! I am constantly looking for new soup and stew ideas that will warm me from the inside out. This Easy White Chicken Chili is ready in just about 30 minutes, and it can be made as spicy or mild as you would like (we like it SPICY!). Top this soup with jalapeño, avocado, sour cream, cheese, cilantro, lime, tortilla strips or really whatever you want and enjoy!
Here are some tips for making my Easy White Chicken Chili:
- If you would rather not use rotisserie chicken, that’s okay. I prefer to use one in some of my recipes because of the flavor and also the convenience. I like a mixture of both white and dark meat, and rotisserie chicken also tends to be more flavorful than boneless, skinless chicken breasts because of, well, the bones and skin. Feel free to use whatever type of chicken you would like in this recipe – it’s going to be delicious either way.
- Mashing up a portion of the beans for this chili helps to make it creamier. Another easy way to mash some of the beans is just to do it with a wooden spoon after they are already in the chili. You could also throw some of the beans in a food processor if you would like. This chili would still be tasty if you decide not to mash any of the beans.
- We like our food spicy, so I use the hot diced green chilies and also a full teaspoon (or maybe more) of cayenne pepper in this recipe. Feel free to alter both of these ingredients as you wish to achieve your desired spice level.
You will need these ingredients for this recipe:
- Olive oil
- Diced green chilies
- Chicken broth
- Cayenne pepper
- White beans
- Frozen corn
- Rotisserie chicken
- Your desired toppings
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy White Chicken Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz canned diced green chilies NOT drained I used the "hot" ones
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 30 oz canned white beans AKA great northern beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Add the oil and onion and sautee until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and sautee 2 minutes longer.
- Add the chicken broth, chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Stir together and allow to come to a slight boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and allow to cook for 20 minutes.
- White the chili is simmering. Pour the beans into a bowl. Use a potato masher or wooden spoon to mash about half of the beans.
- After the chili has simmered for about 20 minutes, add the beans and corn and mix in. Allow to simmer until everything is hot. Add the cilantro, lime juice and chicken and simmer again until everything is heated through.
- Serve with sour cream, lime, cilantro, jalapeno, cheese and/or tortilla strips if desired.
If you like this recipe, you may also like The Best Spicy Chili, Chicken Pot Pie Soup or my Easy Chicken Enchiladas.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain some affiliate links. I could make a small commission from these. Thank you so much for your support!