If this isn’t your first visit to Hungry Six, you probably already know that I am absolutely obsessed with anything involving a combination of chocolate and peanut butter. If you do not go crazy for this flavor combo, well you should just skip to the next recipe. Otherwise, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispies are right up your alley! This recipe is a decadent twist on classic Rice Krispy Treats. Making these takes only a few minutes, and no oven is necessary!
Here are some tips for making my Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispies:
- I like to line my baking dish with wax paper because it prevents the Krispies from sticking to the baking dish, and it also makes it easier to remove the bars from the dish to slice them. You could also grease the baking dish if you do not have wax paper or if you would rather not use it.
- I also like to use a piece of wax paper to press down the Krispies to make them flat. If you do not want to use wax paper for this, you can use a rubber spatula that you have sprayed with cooking spray, or a piece of plastic wrap that you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- You want to be sure to let the chocolate on these bars cool and harden completely before slicing them. You can leave them at room temperature to cool, or you can stick them in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process.
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispies
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 5 oz marshmallows
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with wax paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter, marshmallows and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, mixing in between, until everything is melted.
- Add the cereal to the bowl and mix until well coated. Pour into the wax paper lined baking dish. Place another piece of wax paper on top and press the cereal mixture down in the dish until it is flat. Discard the top piece of wax paper.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted. Spread the melted chcoolate over the cereal mixture. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies, Peanut Butter Sheet Cake with Chocolate Glaze or my Easy Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission from these links. Thank you so much for your support!