What is your favorite side dish? I mean – like your VERY favorite. You know if you could only have one side dish for the rest of your life, what would it be? For me, it would be mashed potatoes – no question! As much as I love mashed potatoes, they aren’t always the most waistline friendly food. Not to worry! I have an alternative! This Easy and Healthy Mashed Cauliflower is a great low calorie (176 per serving) and low carb (5 net per serving) option, and to be honest, it tastes pretty darn good!
Tips for making this recipe:
- I find it easier to boil my cauliflower, but feel free to steam yours if you would like. Either method will work. All that matters is that the cauliflower is fork tender before you put it in the food processor or blender.
- If you don’t have sour cream on hand, you can use cream cheese instead. Either ingredient will give the mashed cauliflower the perfect creamy consistency.
- If you are a garlic lover (I am!), go ahead and add in some extra garlic. You could even sauté the garlic just a little in some butter ahead of time to release even more of that delicious flavor.
- Top yours with some parsley, extra butter, cheese, bacon or chives if you want to get crazy!
Other recipes that would go great with my Easy and Healthy Mashed Cauliflower:
Strip Steak with Horseradish Cream Sauce
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
Products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- parsley for garnish optional
- Boil the cauliflower in a large pot of water until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain
- Put the butter, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan and half of the cauliflower in a food processor or blender. Blend until the cauliflower has reduced in size considerably. Add the rest of the cauliflower and blend until smooth. Top with parsley if desired.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Baked Parmesan Tomatoes, Mashed Red Potatoes (Lighter) or my Asparagus, Bacon & Tomatoes with Dijon Vinaigrette
1 thought on “Easy and Healthy Mashed Cauliflower – Quick and Low Carb!”