If you are looking for an easy snack or dessert recipe that is sure to wow a crowd of people – you have come to the right place! This Cookies and Cream Popcorn is a great (and very easy) thing to make for parties, gift bags or really for any reason. I love to make different variations of white chocolate popcorn for all kinds of events, and people always go crazy for it. Making this is as simple as popping some popcorn, melting the almond bark (candy coating), mixing them together and sprinkling some crushed Oreos on top. Go ahead and save this recipe now, your friends are all going to be asking you for it!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Use the buttery popcorn! This is no time to try to be healthy, so get that extra butter, movie theater butter, butter overload or whatever popcorn has ALL the butter flavor.
- Do your best to pick out the kernels that did not pop. You don’t have to go crazy trying to find them all, but it is never fun to chomp down on a kernel when you are going to town on a delicious snack.
- If you are having a hard time finding almond bark (it is usually available in most grocery stores), you can also use white chocolate. Just be careful when melting the white chocolate. It is very easy to burn!
- Give the almond bark time to cool. It really doesn’t take long, and if you try to put this popcorn in a serving bowl or a container before it has a chance to cool, you are going to be left with a huge mess (literally) on your hands.
- If you don’t have wax paper, you can also use parchment paper or even aluminum foil, just be sure to put something down that can be thrown away. You will be glad you did when cleanup time rolls around.
Products I recommend for my Cookies and Cream Popcorn:
I would love to hear what you think about this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Cookie and Cream Popcorn
- (2) 3.29 oz bags microwave popcorn popped
- 20 oz vanilla almond bark
- 30 chocolate Oreo cookies crushed
- wax paper
- Pop both bags of popcorn according to the package instructions and pour the popcorn into an extra large mixing bowl.
- Place the almond bark in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the almond bark is melted. Pour the almond bark over the popcorn and mix until the popcorn is well coated.
- Spread a large piece of wax paper out. Pour the coated popcorn on the wax paper and spread it out in a thin layer. Sprinkle the crushed Oreos over the popcorn. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes, or until the almond bark has hardened. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Mini Oreo Cheesecakes, No Churn Brownie Batter Ice Cream, Everything Bars, or my Cream Filled Chocolate Cake.
1 thought on “Cookies and Cream Popcorn – Coated Popcorn with Oreos”