I love making and serving guacamole because it is so quick and easy to make, but it is also loaded with flavor, healthy and low carb. This Fresh Homemade Spicy Guacamole is one of my favorite appetizers to serve at parties or even just to whip up as a quick snack for my family. It’s time to pour some margaritas, grab some chips and dig in!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Don’t over mash your avocados! You want to mash them, but not completely puree them. Leave some small chunks to give this guacamole an incredible consistency.
- Leave the seeds and membrane in your jalapeños. This is where a lot of the spice will come from in your guacamole. If you would prefer to have a medium guacamole, you can remove the seeds and membranes, and if you would like a mild guacamole, you can omit the jalapeños completely.
- If you aren’t going to eat the guacamole immediately, lay a piece of plastic wrap flat across the top of your guacamole and wrap it tightly. This will slow down the browning of the guacamole considerably.
- Everyone knows that avocados have such a short window of time when they are perfectly ripe. If you have some that are at that perfect point, but you aren’t ready to use them – peel them, pit them, bag them up and freeze them. When you are ready to make this guacamole, thaw those avocados out and mash them up. They will be perfect!
Other recipes that go well with my Fresh Homemade Spicy Guacamole:
Products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Fresh Homemade Spicy Guacamole
- 3 haas avocados pitted and peeled
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 2 jalapenos diced
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 2 limes juiced
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 roma tomato diced
- Mash the avocados in a medium bowl using a potato masher or fork. Leave some small chunks. Add in all of the other ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.