This Caprese Pasta Salad is made using whole wheat pasta, fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella pearls. Balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt are tossed in and a simple, quick, delicious and easy pasta salad is born! This would be a great dish to have as a quick and easy vegetarian dinner, or as a side with your favorite protein. This would also be an excellent thing to bring to your next summer get together. Your friends will love it!
Here are some tips for making my Caprese Pasta Salad:
- Use any bite size pasta that you like! I happened to pick rotini for this recipe, but farfalle, penne, shells or whatever you have on hand will work.
- Add a little red pepper if you would like to spice this up. You could also make a complete meal out of this by adding your favorite protein. I think chicken goes great in this!
These are the ingredients that you will need for this pasta with fresh tomatoes:
- Rotini pasta
- Olive oil
- Salad tomatoes
- Mozzarella pearls
- Balsamic Vinegar
Products I recommend for this pasta with cherry tomatoes:
I would love to hear what you think of this Caprese Pasta Salad. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Caprese Pasta Salad
- 8 oz whole wheat rotini pasta or other pasta of your choice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pt salad tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 oz mozzarella pearls
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped or torn
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Boil the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse the pasta in cold water.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the pasta. Toss to combine well. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled later.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your support! – Regan