Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of those classic recipes that so many people love and it will never go out of style. It isn’t always the easiest thing to make, however and it also isn’t great for the waistline. This Quick and Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu takes only about 15 minutes to make, and it has just 307 calories and 1 net carb per serving. This is a great simple recipe for a fast weeknight dinner, and it is also amazing for anyone living a low carb or keto lifestyle. Serve this with some fresh veggies, a crisp salad or even some rice or potatoes.
Tips for making Quick and Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu:
- Buy regular chicken breasts, and slice them thin. You can use the pre-sliced breasts from the grocery store, but they are much more affordable if you cut them yourself, and it is so easy to do!
- If you are living a low-carb or Keto lifestyle, pay close attention to the ham that you choose. Some ham can have a lot of hidden sugar, be sure to check the nutrition facts!
- If you want yours extra saucy, feel free to double up on the sauce recipe. This would be great served over some rice or potatoes.
Recipes that would go great with this one:
Garlic and Parmesan Potato Wedges
Arugula Salad with Lemon and Shaved Parmesan
Products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thanks and enjoy!
Quick and Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 4 thin sliced chicken breasts approximately 1 lb
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 slices uncured ham
- 4 sliced swiss cheese
- In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, lemon juice, dijon mustard, cream and parsley. Set aside.
- Season both sides of each piece of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Melt the butter in the skillet and add the chicken. Cook the chicken for approximately 2 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Move to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium and pour in the sauce mixture. Using a wooden spoon, scrape any bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook the sauce for 2 minutes to allow it to reduce slightly. Add the chicken back to the skillet with the sauce. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham and then a slice of cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven under the broiler for approximately 2 mintues, or until the cheese is melted.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Skillet Pizza Chicken, Mexican Chicken and Biscuits Skillet, Bruschetta Chicken Skillet, Chicken Francese or my Smothered Pork Chops.
3 thoughts on “Quick and Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu – Only 1 Net Carb!”