It’s that time of year again when I try to keep my family outdoors as much as humanly possible. It’s really a win-win for everyone when we stay outside. My kids have fun and burn off all of their energy. My house stays somewhat clean and the fresh air and sunshine do amazing things for my overall mood. I also like to try to cook outside as much as possible, so I am always trying to come up with new things to prepare on the grill.
These foil packs are great, because I can put them together in just a few minutes at some point during the day, and they will be ready to go whenever I am ready to cook them. They can also be cooked in the oven if plans change and I can not end up grilling them.
To make these, you just cut up the meat and potatoes, and toss them with some garlic, oil and seasonings. You put a little of the mixture on each piece of foil and then put a little butter in each packet. Fold the foil up to create a sealed pouch, and they are ready to be grilled!
The very best part of this recipe, though, is that there is almost zero clean up. You can cook your food in the foil, eat out of the foil and then just toss it! This is amazing after a busy day of being outside. Just eat your dinner and then sit back and relax. The work is done!
Grilled Steak and Potato Foil Packs
- 1.5 lbs youkon gold potatoes cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1.5 lbs top sirloin steak cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp unsalted butter
- Heat the grill on high heat. Dice the potatoes and steak and place them in a large bowl together. Add the oil, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and worcestershire sauce. Toss to combine.
- Tear four large pieces of aluminum foil. Place 1/4 of the steak and potato mixture onto each piece of foil. Place 1 tsp of butter on top of each. Fold each piece of foil to create a sealed packet. Grill each pack for approximately 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- *These can also be cooked in the oven on 450º for 25-30 minutes.
- *Cut your steak into larger pieces if you would like it less done.
1 thought on “Grilled Steak and Potato Foil Packs”