There really isn’t much better on a busy winter night than coming home to a hot and comforting meal all ready to go in the slow cooker. Just knowing that there is one less thing to take care of after a stressful day is an amazing thing! This Slow Cooker Chicken and Gnocchi Soup is one of those creamy, hearty soups that is perfect for cooler weather. This soup has shredded chicken, fresh veggies, gnocchi (potato dumplings), a little bacon and a delicious creamy broth. This is great when served with warm biscuits and enjoyed with those you love!
Here are some tips for making my Slow Cooker Chicken and Gnocchi Soup:
- I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts when making this recipe, only because that is what I had on hand. You could also use chicken thighs for even more flavor.
- Feel free to add in any of your other favorite vegetables to this soup. Some delicious options are: corn, peas, mushrooms, spinach or kale. If you do add a green like spinach or kale, you will want to do it within the last couple minutes and cook it just long enough for it to wilt.
- If you would like an even creamier soup, you could use evaporated milk or heavy cream.
- When reheating this soup, you may need to add a little chicken broth or water as the gnocchi tends to absorb a lot of the liquid.
- Additional bacon, fresh parsley and parmesan cheese are all delicious topping choices for this chicken soup!
These are the ingredients you will need for this easy, creamy recipe:
- Bay leaf
- Salt & pepper
- Chicken broth
- Corn starch
- Gnocchi (potato dumplings)
I recommend the following products for this slow cooker meal:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- 1½ lbs chicken breasts or thighs bonless & skinless
- 3 carrots diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp basil
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 16 oz gnocchi
- Add everything other than the milk, corn starch and gnocchi to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for approximately 7 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- After 7 hours, remove the chicken from the slow cooker, shred it and return it to the slow cooker. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and cornstarch until the corn starch is dissolved. Pour this mixture into the slow cooker. Add the uncooked gnocchi to the slow cooker and mix in.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for approximately 30 minutes longer or until the gnocchi is tender. Remove the bay leaf and enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!