Two of my favorite foods are pasta and beans and when you put them together, they create one of my favorite soups. Pasta E Fagioli, or Pasta with Beans is such a flavorful and comforting soup that is easy to make and will warm you up on a cool fall or winter night. This is a great soup to have as an appetizer or as a your meal. I love to make a big pot of this and enjoy it for lunch for several days in a row. Try this recipe out today, and you will see why!
Here are some tips for making my Recipe for Pasta E Fagioli:
- I used kidney beans and great northern beans in this recipe, but you can substitute those for whatever beans you like. You could use: chickpeas, cannellini beans or whatever you prefer.
- You can also substitute the ditalini pasta if you would like. You could use and small pasta like: cavatelli or small shells.
- Feel free to add in any other vegetables that you would like. I sometimes like to add some kale to this soup.
These are the ingredients you will need for this recipe for Pasta with Beans Soup :
- Olive oil
- Italian sausage
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Chicken stock
- Crushed red pepper
- Ditalini pasta
- Red kidney beans
- Great northern beans
These are some products that I recommend for this Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe for Pasta with Beans! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Pasta E Fagioli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1½ tsp dried basil
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup ditalini pasta uncooked
- 15 oz kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz great northern beans drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat. Add the sausage and cook while crumbling until browned. Drain and return to the pot. Add the carrots, onion and celery and cook about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook about 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken stock and all seasonings. Mix together and allow to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add in the pasta and cook until the pasta is tender. Add in the beans and cook for a couple minutes, or until the beans are heated through. Serve and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you may also like my One Pot Lasagna Soup – Easy Clean Up and Kid Friendly, Slow Cooker Chicken and Gnocchi Soup – So Comforting! or my Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup – Easy and Ready in 30 Minutes.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!