My husband travels pretty often for work, and I really think the worst part of him being gone (other than missing him, obviously) is dishes. Let me explain – at the end of a long day of school and 5 million other activities, getting 4 young kids fed, bathed and to bed is pretty much like running a marathon. Because our house is pretty much 100% chaos between the hours of 5-8, I usually focus all of my energy on getting the kids to bed, and the dishes become an after thought. It never fails – I finally get the last kid to bed and breathe a sigh of relief. Then I walk downstairs and back into the kitchen and want to run far, far away. Finding the strength to get those dishes done at that point is next to impossible. That’s why recipes like this One Pot Lasagna Soup are perfect for me. There is SO MUCH less clean-up!
Here are some tips for making my One Pot Lasagna Soup:
- The ground beef in this recipe can be substituted for sausage, ground turkey or ground venison. Whatever meat you have on hand will be fine!
- I like to use penne in this recipe, but any other bite size pasta will work fine. You could also use broken lasagna noodles to make this more like lasagna, but I prefer smaller bite sized pieces. I almost always use whole grain pasta, but that is completely up to personal preference.
- I use a pretty good amount of crushed red pepper in this soup because we really like things spicy. You can use more or less in yours, or even leave it out if you would like.
- Feel free to add in any other vegetables that you like. Peppers, carrots, celery or even mushrooms could be great in this soup.
- If you are not going to eat this soup right away, leave the pasta out. You can add the pasta in when you reheat the soup.
These are some other recipes that I think will go great with this one:
Arugula Salad with Lemon and Shaved Parmesan
Chicken Caesar Salad with Parmesan Crisps
Rosemary Parmesan Focaccia Bread
The following are products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
One Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp crush red pepper more or less to taste
- 5 cup beef broth
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 14.5 oz crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8 oz penne pasta I used whole grain
- parmesan and ricotta for topping
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the oil, ground beef and onion and cook while crumbling the beef until the beef is cooked through and the onion is translucent. Drain any excess fat. Add the garlic and crushed pepper and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add in broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Allow to come to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the pasta. Stir in and allow to cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Top with the cheeses if desired and serve immediately.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Easy Skillet Lasagna, Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup, Slow Cooker Potato Soup or my Penne Alla Vodka.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan