Fruity Pebbles are definitely one of the best cereals from my childhood. I probably could have eaten the stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner and been perfectly happy. We love the classic Krispie treats around here as much as the next guy, but sometimes its fun to mix things up. These Fruity Pebbles Treats are so easy to make and they are loved by kids and adults alike. This recipe makes 9 treats, so it is the perfect amount to enjoy while they are still fresh. Feel free to double or triple the recipe if you are feeding a crowd!
Here are some tips for making my Fruity Pebbles Treats:
- These treats can be made with any of the “Pebbles” cereals. Peanut Butter Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles or any others would work fine in this recipe!
- Lining the baking dish with wax paper really makes this whole process easier. It will help you easily remove the treats from the baking dish without any mess. Once the treats are completely cooled, you can simply pick up the wax paper to remove the treats and cut them on the counter. If you do not have wax paper, you can use aluminum foil that you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- Be sure to let these cool completely before trying to cut them. If you do not let them cool, you are going to be left with a big mess! The marshmallow will still be very soft and sticky, and will not cut nearly as easily.
These are some products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Fruity Pebbles Treats
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Line an 8×8 dish with wax paper and put aside.
- Heat a large pot over low heat on the stove. Add the butter to the pot and melt. Add the marshmallows and allow to melt stirring often. Remove the pot from the heat and mix in the vanilla. Add the cereal and mix until well combined.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the wax paper lined dish. Place another piece of wax paper on top of the cereal mixture and press down on the paper using your hand to make the mixture flat and smooth. Remove the top piece of wax paper and allow the treats to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan