If you were anything like me as a kid, teenager or college student, you could have probably lived off ramen with no problem. I had a very specific process when I made my ramen. I would crush the noodles up while they were still in the packaging, boil the noodles, drain them completely, add the crazy high in sodium seasoning packet and exactly 2 cubes of ice so that I could dig in immediately without 3rd degree burns. A few things may have changed over the years as far as my pallet goes, but I will never be one to turn down some flavorful noodles! This Easy Spicy Chicken Ramen is flavorful, has a little heat and is loaded with fresh and delicious ingredients. The best news is that is only takes about 15 minutes to prepare!
Here are some tips for making my Easy Spicy Chicken Ramen:
- You can use whatever type of ramen you like for this recipe. I got a box of it sans seasoning from Whole Foods, but the packaged stuff that everyone is used to from any grocery store will work just as well. Just be sure to discard any seasonings that come with it and use only the noodles.
- Use more or less sriracha to make this dish as spicy or mild as you like. I probably use about 4-5 tablespoons of the hot sauce in mine, but if you are super sensitive to spice, you can just leave it out all together.
- This is a very versatile recipe in that you can add in any of your favorite vegetables or swap out the chicken for whatever protein you would like to use that day. Sometimes I like to use flank steak or shrimp instead and broccoli, mushrooms, peppers or many other vegetables would be great in this.
These are the ingredients you will need for this 15 minute meal:
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Green onion
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy Spicy Chicken Ramen
- 9 oz ramen
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb chicken diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 3 carrots cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup soy sauce low sodium
- 3 tbsp sriracha more or less to taste
- 4 tbsp hoisin
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 3 green onions diced
- Cook the ramen according to the package instructions and set aside. If your ramen has seasoning with it, discard it.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, chicken and onion and sautee until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 7 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and carrots and sautee 3 minutes longer.
- Add the soy sauce, sriracha, hoisin and rice vinegar and sautee 2 minutes longer. Add in the cooked ramen, lime juice and cilantro and toss to combine. Remove from heat and sprinkle the green onion on top.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Quick and Easy Shrimp Stir Fry, Sweet Chili Chicken and Noodle Stir Fry or my Damn Good Noodles.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission from these links. Thank you so much for your support!
1 thought on “Easy Spicy Chicken Ramen – Flavorful & Ready in 15 Minutes”