I love making any kind of stir fry because it is so easy, so flavorful and so customizable. I like to throw in whatever protein and veggies I have on hand and get creative with the seasonings and sauces. This Easy Shrimp Stir Fry uses fresh shrimp, broccoli, red pepper, carrots and a fantastic sauce to create a healthy yet delicious meal that is ready in just 20 minutes. This dish is great on its own, or when served with rice or noodles.
Here are some tips for making this recipe:
- Make this recipe as spicy or as mild as you like by altering the amount of sriracha that you use. I use a couple tablespoons of sriracha in my sauce, and then I drizzle some more on top before I dig in. If you won’t particularly care for spicy food, feel free to leave it out all together.
- The great thing about stir fry is that you can modify it using almost any meats or vegetables that you have on hand. Go ahead and throw in any other veggies that you would like. The more the merrier!
- I like to sprinkle some sesame seeds and chopped green onion on top of this stir fry and then squeeze a little lime juice and some extra sriracha on top. If you don’t have these things on hand, or you don’t care for them, just leave them off!
These are some other recipes that I think would go great with my Easy Shrimp Stir Fry:
Check out these products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy Shrimp Stir Fry
For the Sauce
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp sriracha more or less to taste
For the Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 red pepper sliced into thin strips
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- green onion, sesame seeds & lime for topping
Make the sauce
- Stir all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Make the stir fry
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add the vegetable oil, shrimp, red pepper, broccoli and carrots. Stir fry for approximately 5 minutes or until the shrimp become pink. Add the sauce to the pan, stir in and reduce the heat to a simmer. Allow to simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Top with chopped green onion, sesame seeds and lime juice if desired.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan