If you are looking for the perfect cake recipe to impress all of your friends and make all of your enemies jealous, you have come to the right place! This cream filled chocolate cake is everything that a cake needs to be: moist, rich, delicious, sinful, indulgent and so much more! A luscious cream filling is sandwiched between moist chocolate cake and it is all blanketed by a rich chocolate icing.
Products I recommend for this recipe:
Cream Filled Chocolate Cake
Three decadent layers of chocolate cake with a rich cream filling between them and an indulgent chocolate icing.
Servings: 20 servings
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5/8 cup unsalted butter melted 1 stick + 2 tbsp
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ⅔ cup confectioners sugar
- .5 cup warm water
- Preheat the oven to 325° and grease three 8inch cake pans.
- Combine the granulated sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add in the melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla and eggs. Mix just until combined. Add in the sour cream and mix again. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour equal amounts of batter in each cake pan and bake for 25-28 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool.
- While the cakes are in the oven, combine the flour and milk in a small saucepan. Place the saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Whisk continuously until the filling has thickened to a roux like consistency. Cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After the milk/flour mixture is cooled, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar. Add in the vanilla and the milk/flour mixture and beat on high speed until the filling is light and fluffy.
- Combine all of the icing ingredients and mix until well combined. Add a touch more water if the icing is too thick.
- Place one of the cakes on your serving dish. Spread half of the filling on top. Put another cake on top of that and the rest of the filling on top of the second cake. Place the last cake on top. Spread the icing all over the top and sides of the cake.
Sodium: 286mg | Calcium: 75mg | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Vitamin A: 550IU | Sugar: 51g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 246mg | Cholesterol: 68mg | Calories: 500kcal | Saturated Fat: 14g | Fat: 26g | Protein: 5g | Carbohydrates: 66g | Iron: 2.2mg