I know, I know…when you hear ramen all you probably think of is the pack of noodles that kept you alive through college. I do not even want to think about how many packs of ramen I ate from the ages of 8-22. Get those thoughts out of your head though, this is something totally different! This Chilled Ramen Salad uses those noddles you know and love, but they are playing in a whole new league now.
This would be the perfect dish to take to any summer get togethers you have planned, or it would be great as a side for your normal weeknight dinners. You could even add a meat to this ramen salad and make a meal out of it.
To make this salad, you will need to break the ramen up slightly. You will then boil it and let it cool. Once it has cooled, you add the slaw mix (do not use the dressing pack if it comes with one). Mix all of the other ingredients together in a separate bowl to create the dressing. Toss the dressing, slaw and noodles together and then let the salad chill for at least an hour before enjoying.
This would be a great side dish for my honey lime chicken drumsticks or my baked sweet chili chicken wings!
Chilled Ramen Salad
- 2 packs ramen noodles (seasoning discarded) broken, cooked and cooled
- 14 oz bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 green onions diced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the broken, cooked and cooled ramen noodles and the coleslaw mix. In a seperate smaller bowl, combine all of the other ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dressing mix to the noodle/slaw mixture and toss until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.