As a kid, I was a very picky eater. Broccoli was one of the only vegetables I would really eat, and even then, it had to be smothered in cheese. A whole lot has changed as far as the foods I will eat, but one thing hasn’t changed – I still love broccoli! This Bacon Dijon Broccoli Salad is quick and easy to make, and it is loaded with some of the best ingredients around (broccoli, cheese and BACON!). This salad just happens to be low carb and Keto friendly (only 4 net carbs), but it is a delicious recipe that anyone will enjoy!
Here are some tips for making my Bacon Dijon Broccoli Salad:
- I like to cook a bunch of bacon for breakfast on the weekend, and then save the leftovers for things like this. I can easily just grab some bacon and chop it up when I need it. If you prefer to buy precooked bacon from the grocery store, that will also work.
- The crunch of fresh broccoli is one of the best parts of this recipe, in my opinion. If you prefer to have more tender broccoli, you can steam it prior to making this salad. You should allow the broccoli to cool before mixing it with the other ingredients. Otherwise, you will end up with melted cheese.
- This salad is even better then next day! Go ahead and make it a day ahead of time if you are planning to take it to an event or host a party.
These are some products that I recommend for this recipe:
Baking Stone (for cooking bacon)
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Bacon Dijon Broccoli Salad
- 3 heads broccoli (approx 6 cups florets) florets cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup mayonaise
- 1½ tbsp dijon mustard
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Add the broccoli, bacon, cheese and red onion to a large bowl and toss together.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the mayonaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour this mixutre over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Sheet Pan Asparagus, Tomatoes and Bacon with Dijon Vinagrette, Easy Shrimp Stir Fry or my Fresh and Easy Pasta Primavera.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan