Our house is crazy almost all of the time. I have four little kids, and one husband who is the craziest of all. We are constantly on the go, and don’t usually have time for a dinner that takes a crazy long time to prepare. The problem with meals that can be prepared really quickly, is that a lot of them tend to be bland and pretty unhealthy. These Turkey Lettuce Wraps are super flavorful, fresh and won’t leave you feeling completely weighed down after eating them. Plus – they are soooo very delicious!
These lettuce wraps take 20 minutes (honestly!) to prepare from start to finish, and they are made in just one pan. I am all about dinners that don’t produce a sink full of dirty dishes! We are all about spicy foods, so the amount of Sriracha I used in these does not seem spicy at all. If you are a little more sensitive to spice, you could lessen the amount that you use, or even leave it out entirely. I really hope you enjoy these as much as I do! Please let me know what you think! Enjoy!
These are the ingredients that you will need to make my Turkey Lettuce Wraps:
- Olive oil
- Ground turkey
- Red pepper
- Soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
- Water chestnuts
- Green onion
- Iceberg lettuce
I recommend the following products for this quick and easy recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp Sriracha more or less to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts drained and diced
- 3 green onions diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and crumble while cooking for approximately 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add minced garlic, diced onion, diced pepper, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, sriracha and salt and pepper. Cook for approximately 5 more minutes or until peppers are slightly tender and onions are beginning to become translucent.
- Add diced water chestnuts and green onions and cook while stirring for about 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and put approximately 1/3 cup into each lettuce leaf. Wrap it up similar to a taco and enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!