This Southwest Beef Bake has ground beef, onion, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes with green chilies and a flavorful tomato sauce all sandwiched between crescent dough. This is one of those easy and delicious recipes that you can make in just about 30 minutes, and your whole family will absolutely love it! Top this with sour cream, hot salsa, guacamole, lime or jalapeño and enjoy!
Here are some tips for making my Southwest Beef Bake:
- If you can find the uncut sheets of crescent dough, get that. Those work better for recipes like this one than the precut crescent roll dough. Don’t worry if you can only find the regular crescent dough, though. That will work fine!
- I like to use lean ground beef for this recipe, but you could also use ground turkey or ground venison. Whatever you prefer will be delicious.
- If you like you food spicy, use the hot diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel). You could also use the mild if you are more sensitive to heat.
- This dish could be assembled ahead of time and the frozen for up to 3 months. This would be a great freezer meal to deliver to someone after having a baby or a sick friend.
These are the ingredients that you will need for this dinner with ground beef:
- Ground beef
- Black beans
- Crescent dough
- Diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Tomato sauce
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Shredded cheese
I recommend the following products for this delicious southwest recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Southwest Beef Bake
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 15 oz can corn drained
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 10 can diced tomatoes with green chilies NOT drained
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 8oz cans crescent dough
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat on the stove and cook the ground beef and onion, while crumbling the beef, until it is browned. Drain any excess grease and return it to the skillet.
- Add the corn, black beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder and garlic powder to the skillet. Combine and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Roll out one can of the crescent dough in the bottom of the baking dish. Pinch together any seams if necessary. Pour the beef mixture over the crescent dough. Sprinkle the cheese over the beef mixture. Roll out the other can of crescent dough over the cheese. Pinch any seams if necessary.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Top with sour cream, hot salsa, guacamole, jalapeno and/or lime.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Mexican Chicken and Biscuits Skillet, Easy Turkey Enchiladas, Southwest Chicken Salad or The Best Spicy Chili.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you for your support.