A delicious cornbread recipe is something to find and hold on to tight! There aren’t many things better than a hot bowl of chili on a cold winter day with a thick and slightly sweet piece of cornbread on the side. The Easy and Moist Skillet Cornbread has a fantastic honey butter glaze on top and it is the perfect thing to go along with so many different meals!
Here are some tips for making my Easy and Moist Skillet Cornbread:
- While a cast iron skillet is the preferred dish to bake this cornbread in, you can also use another baking dish if you do not have one. An 8X8 baking dish would be an appropriate size for a thicker bread.
- DO NOT overmix the batter! Combine the ingredients just until they are well incorporated. You can cause the cornbread to become dense and tough if you overwork it.
- You could also bake this in muffin tins for an even faster version of this recipe. You would need to reduce the baking time to do this.
- If you would like to make this recipe even more delicious, you could add in cheese, creamed corn, bacon, jalapeños or sausage.
These are the ingredients that you will need for this delicious side dish:
- All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Sour cream
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy and Moist Skillet Cornbread
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 1 egg
- 9 tbsp melted unsalted butter separated
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the sour cream, egg and 8 tbsp of the melted butter. Mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Combine the remaining tbsp of melted butter and the honey and brush it over the cornbread when it comes out of the oven. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support! – Regan