Sometimes I am in the mood for a healthy salad or smoothie, or maybe a light chicken dish, and then sometimes I want a big, fat, cheesy, saucy burger. You can probably guess which craving I was having when these Pepperoni Pizza Burgers were created. Our family, like many, loves all things pizza. We go crazy for pizza grilled cheese, skillet pizza chicken, BBQ chicken pizza and especially a delivery pizza when mommy “just can’t”. This is a recipe that your whole family (especially the kids) will love and the best part is – it really doesn’t require much effort!
Products I recommend for this recipe:
Cast iron skillet (a kitchen necessity!)
Pepperoni Pizza Burger
A juicy burger topped with pepperoni, melted cheese and marinara sauce served on a toasted garlic butter bun.
Servings: 4 burgers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup marinara
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 16 pepperonis
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Heat a large oven safe skillet on the stove over medium-high heat and pre-heat your oven broiler.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, salt, pepper, ½ cup marinara, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and italian seasoning. Separate the mixture four ways and create 4 patties.
- Place the patties in the hot skillet and cook for approximately 4 minutes per side, or until they are cooked to your liking.
- While the burgers are cooking, mix the melted butter and garlic powder together. Separate the burger buns and brush the insides with the butter mixture. Place them on a baking sheet butter side up.
- When the burgers are done, put 2 slices of cheese, 4 pepperonis and 1 tbsp of sauce on top of each. Place both the skillet with the burgers and the pan with the buns in the oven. Broil until the cheese is melted and the buns are toasted.
- Place one burger on each bun and enjoy!
Sodium: 1590mg | Calcium: 390mg | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Vitamin A: 830IU | Sugar: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 636mg | Cholesterol: 144mg | Calories: 487kcal | Saturated Fat: 16g | Fat: 30g | Protein: 43g | Carbohydrates: 10g | Iron: 4.1mg
1 thought on “Pepperoni Pizza Burgers”