My son is a chocolate fanatic. He is only six, but he is already obsessed with all things chocolate. There is always a fight in our house when I make a dessert, because he wants all things chocolate, and his sister wants just about anything else at all. This time, my son won. When he got home from school and saw this cake, you would have thought it was Christmas morning. This Chocolate Lover’s Bundt Cake really is a chocolate lover’s dream. It is an indulgent and very moist cake topped with a rich chocolate glaze.
I added sour cream to this cake to help it stay moist for at least a week. I also added chocolate chips in this recipe to make this cake even more chocolatey. The chocolate chips also add a surprising little crunch as you are eating the cake. It all works out in a great way!
When you are baking this cake, be sure not to over bake it. The best part of this cake is how moist it is, so you would not want to dry it out. 48 minutes was the perfect amount of time for mine. Making the chocolate glaze is as simple as mixing a few ingredients together. Just do not make the glaze until you are ready to pour it over the cake, as it will being to harden right after you make it.
These are the ingredients that you will need to make this Chocolate Lover’s Bundt Cake:
- Granulated sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Sour cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Confectioners sugar
I recommend these products for this Bundt Cake:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Chocolate Lover’s Bundt Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5/8 cup unsalted butter melted 1 stick + 2 tbsp
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp warm water
- Preheat the oven to 325º and grease a bundt cake pan very well.
- Combine the granulated sugar, flour, coca powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add in the melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla and eggs. Mix until well combined. Add in the sour cream and mix again until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and fold in.
- Pour the cake batter in to the bundt pan and bake for approximately 48 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Flip the cake upside down onto a cooling rack and allow it to cool for at least 30 more minutes before removing the pan and moving the cake to a plate.
- To make the glaze: Combine all of the glaze ingredients and mix until well combined. Add a touch more water if it is too thick. Pour the glaze all over the cake allowing it to drip down the center and sides of the cake.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!