In the winter months (and sometimes in the summer, too), if I ask my husband what he wants for dinner, I am going to get one of two answers – potato soup or The Best Spicy Chili. I have been making my chili this same way for years, and I have yet to have any better! If you like your food with a kick, you are going to love this recipe! Making this chili takes just about 15 minutes, and then you will just let all of the flavors simmer together. Top it with some sour cream, shredded cheese, green onion or avocado and enjoy it with some crackers or cornbread. Try this one out – you won’t regret it!
Here are some tips for making The Best Spicy Chili:
- This recipe calls for ground beef, but I also like to use venison or ground turkey in this recipe. If you have a hunter in the family, this is a great way to use that deer meat! You could also use a mixture of different meats.
- When cutting the jalapeños, I typically leave the seeds and membrane in. A lot of the jalapeños heat is kept in this part, and I want to keep that spice! If you want a milder chili, you can get rid of the seeds and membrane and even reduce amount of jalapeño you use or eliminate them all together.
- Another way to make this chili milder, if you desire, is to use mild or original diced tomatoes with peppers (Rotel). I almost always use the hot version, but you can do what works for you!
- The last way to tame the spice in this recipe is to reduce or even eliminate the cayenne pepper that you use. Again, it is all faded on personal preference.
These are some products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
The Best Spicy Chili
- 1 lb lean ground beef or other meat of choice
- 2 onions diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 jalapeno minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 14 oz diced tomatoes with habaneros Rotel
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayene pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup water
- 14 oz canned kidney beans dranied and rinsed
- 14 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed
- Sour cream, green onion, cheese for topping
- Heat a large dutch oven or pot over medium high heat on the stove top. Add the ground beef (or other meat), onions and both peppers. Break the meat up while cooking and sautee until the meat is cooked through. When the meat is almost done, add in the garlic. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, all of the seasonings and the water. Allow to come to a light boil and then reduce the heat to low. Add in the kidney beans and black beans. Cover and allow to simmer for at least an hour before serving.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Slow Cooker Potato Soup, Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup or my Chicken Pot Pie Soup.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
1 thought on “The Best Spicy Chili – Loaded with Flavor and Easy to Make”