This Guacamole Stuffed Chicken is a simple and easy chicken recipe that is healthy, low calorie, low carb and FULL of flavor! I find that a lot of recipes involving chicken breasts can turn out dry, but not this one. The fresh guacamole that is stuffed inside the chicken breast keeps it from drying out and also helps to infuse it with flavor. This recipe comes in at just under 300 calories and only 5 net carbs per serving. This would be great for just about any diet!
When I make this guacamole stuffed chicken, I like to double the guacamole recipe. Depending on the day, I may top each piece of chicken with even more guac, or I may just eat it with some chips while I wait for the chicken to cook. That really just depends how starving I am. This dish is pretty simple – you really just whip up some guacamole, oil and season the chicken, stuff some guac in the chicken and go.
This would be great served with a salad, some fresh veggies, on a bed of rice or really even all on its own. Either way, I hope you enjoy it!
Tips for making this recipe:
Do not make the guacamole too far ahead of time. Fresh guac browns fairly quickly, so try not to make it any sooner than a couple hours ahead of time.
When slicing a pocket in your chicken, be careful not to slice all the way through. You want to be sure that the guacamole isn’t going to come out while in the oven.
Be sure to place the chicken with the opening UP in the baking dish, and don’t forget to remove all of the toothpicks before eating.
Products I recommend for my Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado mashed
- 1/4 large red onion diced
- 8 salad tomatoes halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Preheat the oven to 400º and spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Make the guacamole by combining the mashed avocado, red onion, tomatoes, seasonings, cilantro and lime juice in a large bowl and mixing well.
- Create a pocket in each chicken breast but cutting a slit almost all of the way through the center and almost to each edge. Stop about 1/8 of an inch from the sides and bottom of each piece of chicken.
- Rub the outside of each piece of chicken with olive oil. Season each piece of chicken with the garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Spoon a quarter of the guacamole into the pocket of each chicken breast. Use 3 toothpicks on each breast to hold the pocket close together.
- Place the chicken breasts, slit side up, in the baking dish and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the toothpicks before eating.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Pizza Chicken Skillet, Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos, Mexican Chicken and Biscuits Skillet or my Alfredo Sauce.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon!
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!
2 thoughts on “Guacamole Stuffed Chicken – Easy, Light and Low Carb”