These Crazy Monkey Breakfast Muffins are loaded with peanut butter, bananas, chocolate chips and oats. They are a sweet yet nutritious way to start the day. These muffins are easy to make and a great way to use those brown bananas sitting on your counter right now. Make a batch today for a quick and easy breakfast to grab and go!
Here are some tips for making my Crazy Monkey Breakfast Muffins:
- Super ripe bananas are perfect for this recipe! If you have some brown bananas that you are about to toss in the trash – don’t! Brown bananas are the best for baking.
- I like to use silicone baking cups for my muffins, because they are completely non-stick and the cleanup is so easy. If you would rather use paper baking cups or just a greased pan, either of those will work fine.
- Don’t overwork the batter! Just mix the dry ingredients in until they are combined. Mixing too much can lead to tough dense muffins.
- I use regular size semisweet chocolate chips for this recipe, but you could use mini chips or chunks and they could be dark chocolate, milk chocolate or whatever you prefer.
You will need the following ingredients to make this recipe:
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- An egg
- Quick oats
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Chocolate Chips
These are some products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Crazy Monkey Breakfast Muffins
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375° and prepare 18 muffin tins by greasing them or lining them with silicone baking cups or paper liners.
- Using a mixer, combine the butter, sugar, bananas, peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Add in the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop equal amounts of the batter into each prepared muffin tin. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Peanut Butter Sheet Cake with Chocolate Glaze, Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies, Chocolate Chip Muffins or my Birthday Cake Muffins.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan