When my husband and I first started dating, I invited him over for dinner one night. I wanted to make him a home cooked meal, and I REALLY wanted to impress him. I spent way more time than I would like to admit trying to come up with an idea of what to make him for dinner. Finally, I decided on Cajun Chicken Alfredo. Let me just tell you – he was blown away by this dish then and he still loves it just as much today. If you want a creamy, rich, flavorful and most importantly, easy recipe – look no further!
Here are some tips for making my Cajun Chicken Alfredo:
- The chicken in this recipe can be substituted for your protein of choice. Shrimp are a great option!
- If you are sensitive to spice, feel free to reduce the amount of cajun seasoning that you use in this dish. Alternatively, you could always add more, or even some cayenne pepper if you really want to heat things up!
- If you don’t have fettuccine on hand, don’t worry! Any pasta will work in this dish just fine!
These are the ingredients that you will need for this Easy Cajun Chicken Pasta:
- Olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- Fettuccine noodles
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
I recommend the following products for this flavorful spicy chicken Alfredo:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lbs thin sliced chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp cajun seasoning divided
- 16 oz fettuccine noodles cooked
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Season each side of each piece of chicken liberally with the cajun seasoning (use about 2 tbsp). Cook the chicken in the skillet and then set aside. *Now is a good time to boil your noodles!
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and melt. Add the garlic and cook for approximately 2 minutes, or until it becomes fragrant. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the heavy cream and cream cheese. Whisk continuously until the cream cheese is melted completely.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. Whisk together until the parmesan cheese is melted and combined.
- Toss the cooked pasta into the sauce, top with the chicken and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Easy Alfredo Sauce, Chicken Alfredo with Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach or my Gnocchi with Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you so very much for your support!