Pasta salad is usually a staple at barbecues, cookouts, parties or really any summer event where there is food. Classic pasta salad can sometimes be pretty boring, but this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is most definitely not! Making this dish is so very easy, and it packs so much flavor and a fantastic kick from the buffalo wing sauce. Try this recipe out for your friends and family soon – they are sure to thank you for it!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Boil and shred your own chicken, or make things even easier by buying a rotisserie chicken and shredding that. Either will work fine, and because most people chill this pasta salad before serving it, you could even shred the chicken ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to use it.
- Use whatever pasta you have on hand. I recommend using bite size pasta like farfalle (bowtie), penne, shells or really anything like that, but honestly any pasta you use in this will be great.
- If you like a things pretty spicy, go ahead and add a little more wing sauce, or even use one of the “hot” versions. Sometimes, I even drizzle a little extra on the pasta salad before serving it.
- If you are a bleu cheese fan (I am not!), you could sprinkle some bleu cheese crumbles on top of this as well.
Products I recommend for my Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 lb chicken cooked and shredded
- ¾ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 12 oz bowtie pasta cooked and drained according to package instructions
- ½ bunch green onion chopped
- Boil and shred the chicken, or shred 1 lb of rotisserie chicken and set aside. Boil and drain the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, ranch dressing and buffalo sauce. Add in the pasta and mix well. Top with the chopped green onion. Serve warm or chilled.