One day, soon after my husband and I first got married, I had a craving for barbecue chicken pizza. I went into the kitchen and threw one together with what I had on hand. Based on my husbands reaction, you would have thought that I had spent hours in the kitchen making the most gourmet meal in the world. I just went along with it and let him think I had done something miraculous. The thing is – this pizza is super easy and so delicious. Years later, we are still eating it on a regular basis!
Here are some tips for making my Barbecue Chicken Pizza:
If you would like to make your own pizza crust, that’s great! I even have a recipe for a great thin pizza crust https://hungrysix.com//thin-and-crispy-pizza-crust/ . If you would prefer to use a pre-made crust, that will be fine too! I definitely recommend using a pizza stone. They heat evenly and give you a nice crispy crust every time. This stone is great if you don’t already have one.
Don’t be afraid to add any of your other favorite toppings to this pizza! Sometimes we like to add a little bacon. Jalapeño, bell peppers and some many other things would be amazing on this pizza. Also, it is okay to mix the cheeses up in this recipe. Sometimes I might be out of one of the cheeses in the recipe below, and I just use extra of the others.
We love to add a little heat, so we usually top our pizza with Sriracha. It would be great without, too. I hope you love this recipe! Please let me know what you think in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating.
What’s on BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- BBQ Sauce
- Red Onion
- Green Onion
How to make BBQ Chicken Pizza:
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- 1 Pizza crust I have a recipe for that too! Store bought works fine also.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 lb Chicken breast Cut into bite sized pieces
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Small onion Sliced
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 pinch Cayene pepper
- 2/3 cup Barbecue sauce Divided
- 5 Green onions Chopped
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro Chopped
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar Shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Shredded
- Preheat oven to 500º. If you are preparing your own pizza crust – do that.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic power and add to pan. Add sliced onion and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the onion is translucent. Reduce heat to low, add 1/3 cup barbecue sauce and stir together. Allow this mixture to simmer approximately 5 minutes.
- Spread the remaining 1/3 cup barbecue sauce on the pizza crust. Top with chicken mixture and spread it evenly on the crust. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on top of chicken mixture. Sprinkle chopped green onion over Monterey Jack. Top green onion with cheddar cheese. Add cilantro on top of cheddar. Finish the pizza off by adding mozzarella.
- Put the pizza in the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out this my Barbecue Chicken Pizza Recipe. I hope you can stay a while and look around, and please come back to visit again soon!
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!